| | | | |

California Law requires all motor vehicle owners to have insurance which provides Bodily Injury Coverage and Property Damage Coverage.

In the State of California the required minimum coverage for bodily injury is $15,000 per person injured in any one accident and $30,000 for all persons injured in any one accident.

The required minimum coverage for property damage is $5,000 for injury to or the destruction of property of others in any one accident.

Optional insurance may include Uninsured Motorist Coverage. If the policy holder makes this choice, the actual coverage purchased must be at least the amount of the required Bodily Injury Coverage. If the policy holder purchases more than the required amount of Bodily Injury Coverage, Underinsured Motorist Coverage may then be purchased in a lesser amount. The State of California does not require insurance companies to provide Uninsured Motorist Coverage in any amount greater than $30,000 per personal injury in any one accident and $60,000 for all persons involved in any one accident.

As well, if Uninsured Motorist Coverage is purchased, then the policy must also include Underinsured Motorist Coverage. California requires insurance companies to offer for purchase Underinsured Motorist Coverage in an amount equal to that purchased for Uninsured Motorist Coverage. Insurers may, however, offer a greater amount of Underinsured Motorist Coverage than the Uninsured Motorist Coverage actually purchased by the policy holder.

California requires liability limits of 12/30/5 which represent $20,000 for bodily injury coverage per person and $30,000 for bodily injury coverage per accident which will pay for medical bills and lost wages. The last number of 5 represents $5,000 for property damage coverage per accident which will pay for repairs and/or replacement of objects damaged or destroyed other than the policy holder’s own vehicle.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and No-Fault Coverage are not required by the state.

Adding Collision Coverage as well as Comprehensive Coverage to an insurance policy is optional as well in California.

We will get your MVR free of charge!


  Personal & Commercial Auto Insurance Quote

To receive a free quote for Personal and/or Commercial Auto Insurance, contact us

Auto | Home | Business | Health | Others
Home Page | About Meimand Ins. | Contact Us | Careers | Terminology
Copyright © 2005-2008. All Rights Reserved.
Web site design by: Comtek